Friday, January 31, 2014

What happened to respect?

For several days I have watched an ongoing Facebook argument about the merits of our government. I have seen out and out rudeness against the President. In one case it seemed like a threat against his life. How can people spout such vitriol? Have they no respect for the office if not the man who occupies it? What has happened to civility?

Easy answer. Washington shows no respect for itself. They lie to the public, cheat on their wives, take bribes and do absolutely nothing they are paid to do. No wonder the rest of us are so filled with animosity.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's and it was a different world. Thought my parents were card carrying Republicans they did not show the disrespect for JFK that today's Republicans are spewing.

I don't care what your political affiliation is; respect should be at the top of your platform.

Just my thoughts.

No comments: