Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mormons and Miracles

Last night I watched a movie about the Mormon handcart journey to Utah. I was moved to tears. It was sad and pulled at my heart strings. The movie portrayed the difficulty of the journey and the death of many. It gave me the sense that these were the most devout believers in history; and then I got mad.

How could any god, seeing the devotion of so many, be such a son-of-a-bitch? I could never worship such a selfish, cruel bastard. What could he possible want above total commitment? These people left their homes and their belongings to travel, in the worst of conditions, thousands of miles to a 'promised land' without so much as a horse to pull their wagons.

That is one selfish, narcissistic, egotistical maniac. Glad I am an atheist.

No comments: